1. Peanut butter is full of protein. 2 tablespoons of peanut butter include 7 grams of protein. This is great for breakfast or a mid-morning meal because it will help you feel full longer. Protein is also good for building and repairing muscles, so this will also help contribute to your workout.
2. Peanut butter is heart friendly. It includes unsaturated fat, which is healthy for your heart, and improves your heart health.
3. Peanut butter contains potassium. Potassium is important because it helps counter the dangers of sodium. Most people tend to eat a lot of foods containing sodium, so the potassium in peanut butter will help with that.
4. Peanut butter contains healthy fat. The biggest worry with peanut butter is how much fat it contains. But there is actually more unsaturated fat "healthy fat" than saturated fat. The body needs a good amount of healthy fats and peanut butter is a good one in moderation.
5. Peanut butter is an energy booster. Since peanut butter contains a good amount of healthy fats and protein, it is therefore packed with the calories you need for lots of energy.
6. Peanut butter is fiber rich. Included in those two tablespoons of peanut butter is two grams of fiber. Fiber is important in your body functioning, and peanut butter can be one food that will help supply that.
7. Peanut butter helps with weight loss. Even though it contains fat, peanut butter is high in protein and fiber, which helps you feel full longer. You won't over eat as much and you will be able to fight those cravings.
8. Peanut butter includes other healthy sources. Peanut butter includes antioxidants, especially Vitamin E, magnesium, which helps bone building and muscle energy, and Vitamin B6, which helps boost your immunity.
* Stick with all natural, low sugar, and low sodium peanut butter.
*2 tablespoons is the recommended amount.
* Peanut butter goes great in our Skinny Blend Smoothies!
Thanks for reading! Have a great day!