We all know that certain foods are better for us than others, but what foods are “foods for weight loss” or “foods for a diet”? When learning how to eat right, it is important to find out what foods are actually healthy, and which ones are just imposters trying to trick you into thinking they are healthy. Here is a list of 10 foods that will help you achieve fast and easy weight loss.
- 1.Carrots – Vitamin E and beta-carotene are found in carrots, which help with weight loss as well as helping your immune system ward off illness. To get the most nutritional value out of carrots and any vegetable, eat them raw or steam them.
- 2.Kale – Also high in beta-carotene, kale has the same benefits of helping with weight loss and your immune system
- 3.Nuts – Like carrots, nuts are high in vitamin E, and help your immune system as well as weight loss, just be sure to stay away from nuts that are highly salted
- 4.Pumpkin – High in beta-carotene and vitamin E, pumpkins are another great source of nutrients that help fight illness and ward off weight gain. That doesn't mean that pumpkin pie is healthy though, so be smart when putting pumpkin into your diet
- 5.Spinach – Since spinach can be grown year round, you can always find it fresh in your local grocery stores which makes it a great source of vitamin E which will help you lose weight and stay healthy
- 6.Berries – Despite what you may think, strawberries actually contain more vitamin C than oranges, which make them great for warding off colds with even fewer calories and sugars
- 7.Oranges – Although they don’t have quite as much vitamin C as strawberries, oranges are still a great source of the immunity boosting nutrient
- 8.Sweet Potatoes – Another vegetable that is high in beta-carotene, sweet potatoes are a great addition to any meal to help you lose weight and stay healthy; as long as you stay away from the unhealthy toppings that frequently come on top
- 9.Peppers – Full of even more vitamin C than oranges and strawberries, depending on the color of pepper, they can even have high levels of beta-carotene or vitamin E. Just remember to eat them raw for the most benefits
- 10.Water – Although we should try and consume 8 glasses of water a day, it is essential to consume at least 5 glasses in order to stay healthy. Consuming as much water as possible will help you lose weight and stay healthy by flushing toxins from your system
Incorporating these foods into your diet will not only help you with your weight loss goals, but they will also help your immune system fight off illness in disease and keep you healthy in the long run!
Thanks for reading our blog!