Vegetables contain lots of important nutrients and have loads of dietary fiber. 5-9 servings a day will help your body's immunity to things like cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Here is a list of the healthiest vegetables you can consume to feel better and lose weight.
1. Tomatoes. This is actually a fruit, but it is served like a vegetable. Full of lycopene, which helps fight cancer. Tomatoes also contain Vitamin A to K.
2. Broccoli. Packed with antioxidants that help reduce the risk of stomach, lung, and rectal cancers. Also contains beta-carotene, Vitamin C, and folate to help boost immunity.
3. Brussels Sprouts. Packed with folic acid, especially important for pregnant women. Also packed with Vitamin C and K, fiber, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Carrots. Loaded with eye, skin, and hair-enriching nutrients. Richest vegetable source of Vitamin A, an antioxidant.
5. Squash. Good source of anti-inflammatory nutrients like Vitamin C and beta-carotene. Also helps conditions including asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
6. Sweet Potato. Anti-cancer nutrients like Vitamin A, C, and manganese. Good source of fiber and iron, so they not only give you energy, but also help regulate your digestive system.
7. Eggplant. High in heart healthy nutrients, antioxidants including nasunin, which helps protect brain cells from damage.Rich in fiber and potassium to help reduce risk of stroke and dementia.
8. Bell peppers. Packed with heart healthy nutrients like lycopene and folic acid. Also helps reduce risk of lung, colon, bladder, and pancreatic cancers.
9. Spinach. Packed with almost every vitamin and nutrient you need. Helps prevent everything from colon cancer to heart disease, and arthritis to osteoporosis.
10. Onions. Helps people suffering from osteoporosis because they are loaded with a peptide called GPCS, which helps slow your body's loss of calcium. Also helps fight heart disease and diabetes.