Often when people are thinking about weight loss and how to get skinny, metabolism comes to mind. Some people have high metabolisms, allowing them to basically eat anything they want without gaining weight and making it easy for them to lose weight. Naturally as we age, our metabolism slows down, but there are ways to help increase your metabolism and thus give you guaranteed weight loss.
- Exercise. Research shows that you can trick your body into burning calories more efficiently by simply hitting the gym a few times a week. You can even reverse 50% of the metabolism decrease your body experiences as you age. Increasing the intensity of your workout will also help increase your metabolism, and circuit workouts have been shown to be most effective in doing so.
- Get your Omega-3's. Omega-3's balance blood sugar and reduce inflammation, helping to regulate metabolism. They also reduce resistance to leptin, which has an effect on how fast fat is burned. Fish such as salmon, tuna and herring are full of Omega-3's and you can also take supplements (and to avoid the fishy taste you can freeze your pills) or eat more eggs or walnuts.
- Drink Green Tea. Catechin (an antioxidant polyphenol) helps boost metabolism and improves fat oxidation and energy production during digestion, converting fats to usable energy instead of storing them. Try drinking 5 cups of green tea a day, and you can increase energy expenditure by 90 calories a day.
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast. Eating a nutrient-rich breakfast wakes up your metabolism and gets your body energized for the day, and ultimately boosts your overall metabolism. The perfect addition to any breakfast is also one of our Skinny Blend Weight Loss Shakes, and a Skinny Burn pill in the morning keeps you energized throughout the day and increases your metabolism.
- Avoid Trans Fat. We all have heard that trans fats are bad for us, but they also slow down your ability to burn fat. They can also lead to insulin resistance and inflammation, which can cripple your metabolism and cause significant weight gain.
- Get Your Protein. It takes longer for your body to digest protein than it does fat and carbs so eating protein makes you feel full longer, especially when you eat it for breakfast, which is why our Skinny Blend Weightloss Shakes are so effective. Since protein takes longer to digest, you are expending more energy while absorbing the nutrients.
- Stay Hydrated. Water plays a key role in the digestive process, so without it you cannot efficiently and completely extract all the nutrients that your body needs. Making sure you stay hydrated can increase your metabolism if you usually don't drink enough water as you should.
As you can see, there are plenty of easy ways to increase your metabolism and ultimately can help you reach your weight loss goals, especially if you combine it with weight loss plans online such as one of our Skinny Jane Challenges. For plenty more weight loss tips and weight loss motivation, check out the rest of our Skinny Jane Weight Loss Blog.