One of the biggest struggles women face during their weight loss journey is keeping the weight they lose off over longer periods of time. It can be easy for them to lose weight, but it is just as easy for them to put the weight back on not long after they lose it, which can be very discouraging. Here are some great weight loss tips for guaranteed weight loss in the long run:
- Stay Physically Active. Being physically active is extremely important for keeping weight off along with all of the other health benefits that come with exercise. Be sure to do something you enjoy for exercise and you will be more likely to stick with it and make it part of your daily routine!
- Journal. It has been proven that people who track or journal what foods they eat lose more weight and keep it off for longer.
- Eat Foods You Enjoy. Remember that it is okay to treat yourself every now and then with a dessert you really enjoy, or another food item that doesn't exactly fit your diet. Try to look for healthier recipes of whatever it is you are craving, and indulge in moderation!
- Drink Plenty of Water. Not only does drinking at least 8 cups of water a day help speed up metabolism, it also helps remove fat from the body and cuts cravings.
- Get Support. Whether it is having a friend to exercise and diet with, or sharing your weight loss journey with people online in a group, having support is a key part of having long-term weight loss.
- Keep Setting Goals. Even if you meet your original goal, it is important to keep setting more goals in order to keep you focused and to ensure that you keep your weight off, and don't forget to reward yourself when you meet your goals! One of our Skinny Jane Challenges is a great way to set goals and hold yourself accountable!
- Switch Things Up. Make sure to put some variety in your routine and try something new each month, so you don't get bored with what your are doing and you don't feel like quitting!
- Track Your Weight. Although it can be discouraging at times to see your weight, weighing yourself each week and keeping track of your weight will show you if what you are doing to lose weight is working, or if you need to make additional changes in your lifestyle!
Using these weight loss methods will help you to be more successful in keeping your weight off and help you to continue to live a healthy lifestyle! Thanks for reading our Skinny Blog, and check out the rest of our posts for more great weight loss diet plans for women!