Most people are aware of the health benefits of consuming fruit and how they can help with achieving healthy weight loss, but do not realize that not all fruits are as helpful as others in helping them reach their weight loss goals. Part of almost every online diet meal plan for women, including our Skinny Jane Challenges, fruit is definitely a food that should be incorporated into every woman’s weight loss diet plan. Here are a list of the 5 best fruits for weight loss:
- Berries. All varieties of berries are loaded with vitamin C and fiber and are some of the fruits with the lowest sugar content. A great snack when you are craving something sweet, 1 cup of berries usually contains under 100 calories, making them a great addition to a Skinny Blend weight loss smoothie as well.
- Citrus Fruits. A good source of fiber and being made up of mostly water, all citrus fruits have the ability to keep you feeling full longer and reducing your afternoon cravings. Grapefruits are especially helpful, with the ability to lower insulin levels, which can lead to weight loss.
- Bananas. One medium-sized banana will not only fill you up, but will also boost your metabolism, improve your body’s fat burning process and suppress your appetite, as a banana that is not fully ripe contains 12.5 grams of resistance starch. They are also high in potassium and fiber. Adding a banana to a Skinny Jane weight loss shake is guaranteed to keep you full for hours and reduce your unhealthy cravings.
- Apples. One of the healthiest fruits you can eat, a single apple has less than 100 calories and contains more than 4 grams of fiber and a hefty dose of Vitamin C as well. Apples make a great afternoon or midmorning snack to keep you feeling full.
- Pears. A single pear contains 15% of the recommended amount of daily fiber, keeping you full longer and reducing your calorie intake by doing so. Just make sure not to peel your pears, as that is where all of the nutrients lie.
Eating any kind of fruit has its benefits and is something that should be consumed daily in order to intake all of the nutrients we need to keep our bodies running healthily and smoothly. Fruits make a great sweet snack in place of eating candy or another unhealthy sweet that provides empty calories to your diet. So, when you are craving something sweet reach for one of these best fruits for weight loss to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying on the right track on your weight loss diet plan.
Thank you for reading our Skinny Blog!