Are you struggling to lose weight after trying numerous different diet plans for women? As it turns out, one of the most effective weight loss strategies will not only give you easy weight loss, it is actually easy itself. Think about your day; between all the multitasking, eating in front of the TV, and snacking at work, do you really know how much food you eat each day? My guess is that even if you think you know how much you eat each day, you are probably underestimating the amount you actually consume. Luckily, the solution is pretty simple: keep a food journal. It may seem like keeping track of what you eat isn't very important, but it has been proven that by keeping a food journal you are guaranteed weight loss.
Here are just a few reasons why journaling will help you achieve fast weight loss:
- You'll get a to see how many calories you actually consume. We typically underestimate our daily intake by about 25%. Luckily, finding out how many calories are in a certain food item is only a Google search away. By simply seeing how many calories you are consuming a day you are more likely to be able to cut back on the high calorie foods you recognize in your journal.
- You'll cut back on snacking between meals. Sure, you may remember what you had for dinner last night, but does that include the bite you tried of someone else's meal? How about the piece (or pieces) of candy you had during the afternoon? By keeping a food journal, you will be more aware of the small bites here and there that end up adding up more quickly than you think!
- You'll be able to see where you are getting off the right path. Sometimes we may think we are eating more healthy foods than we actually are. By keeping a food journal, you will be able to see just how many healthy foods you are eating and what foods you are eating that are preventing you from easy weight loss.
- You'll learn why you eat unhealthy food. The experts say that in addition to keeping track of what foods you are consuming, you should also keep track of why you eat what you do. Do you get a milkshake because you pass Sonic on the way home? Is there a vending machine close to your desk? By noticing why you are eating unhealthy, you can take the steps to stop these bad habits.
- You'll achieve fast weight loss. As you start to look at your journal day to day and week to week you will see what you need to change and over time you will be able to look back and see what how you have made improvements. Don't simply keep the food journal, look at it and see what weeks you lost more weight and identify the differences between what you ate that week compared to others.
Sometimes the best diet support you can have is yourself. By keeping a food journal, you are holding yourself accountable and you will finally see the results you have been looking for. Another great way to track what you are eating are our Skinny Jane Challenges, which have set meal plans for you to follow.
For more great dieting tips, visit the rest of our Skinny Blog articles.