We have all heard it before, if you want to lose weight you need to exercise in addition to eating a healthy diet, but how does exercise help you to lose weight? Just in case you are skeptical to whether or not exercise really does help with weight loss, here are some of the ways that exercise will help in your weight loss efforts;
- Exercise helps burn belly fat fast. By incorporating moderate or high intensity aerobic exercise into your daily routine, you are going to be guaranteed weight loss and you will see the greatest results in reducing belly fat.
- Exercise balances out how many calories you eat. The only true way to see guaranteed weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. The best way to make sure you are burning more calories than you consume each day is to exercise on a regular basis, sitting at a desk working all day will not help you burn enough calories to see the results you want.
- Exercise helps keep weight off. Oftentimes, women successfully lose weight without a daily exercise program but then quickly gain back the weight after they quit their diet. By exercising daily, you are more likely to keep off the pounds you originally lost.
- Exercise increases metabolism. It is possible to lose weight without exercising but you also lose muscle when this happens and when muscle is lost your metabolism slows down. By exercising you will gain muscle and increase your metabolism to help burn more calories and obtain easy weight loss.
- Exercise helps drop dresses. Muscle weighs more than fat per square inch, so although you may only see a pound difference on the scale, you could have lost 4 pounds of fat and gained 3 pounds of muscle. Exercise will help you to tone up and lose inches all over your body.
- Exercise helps eliminate emotional eating. Exercise can help improve mood which can effectively eliminate emotional eating for people that have problems with cravings during emotional times in their lives.
- Exercise can lead to other healthy decisions. When you decide to start making one healthy change to your lifestyle, you are more likely to make changes in other parts of your life. Exercising can be the first step to eating healthier and ultimately the fast weight loss you are looking for.
- Exercise is fun. Eating healthy can be boring and doesn’t always result in easy weight loss or fast weight loss. It is easier to stay active and have fun doing so than following an extremely strict diet. Try a healthy combination of both and you will achieve your weight loss goals.
- Exercise curbs appetite. It may be hard to believe, but people who exercise as well as eat healthy generally feel less hungry than those who are simply on a diet.
- Exercise increases energy. Regular exercise increases your stamina by boosting the energy that your body produces. If you feel tired every day, try exercising for that extra boost of energy.
As you can see, exercise helps weight loss in many different ways and that is not the only health benefits that come from exercising regularly. Incorporating exercise in your daily routine will lead to a happier and healthier life overall.
Thank you for reading our Skinny Blog!