Everyone has experienced a headache at least once in their life, and although some are far worse than others, they are never a pleasant experience. Sure, you can pop a few Tylenol or Advil to help cure your headache, but not everyone likes to resort to taking medication to cure their headaches. Luckily, there are many different ways to cure a headache without involving medication:
- When you first start to have a headache, take a vigorous walk. In about 10 minutes the pain will start to decrease.
- Taking two teaspoons of honey at each meal can prevent migraines and can help get rid of one at onset. Another honey solution is boiling equal parts of vinegar and honey and inhaling the steam.
- Pour boiling water over celery seeds and let it sit for 3 minutes. Drink the liquid slowly to help cure a headache.
- Strong coffee can sometimes help reduce the severity of a migraine or headache.
- Soak your hands in very hot water to ease the pain from a headache.
- Feel a headache coming on? Sprinkle basil on your food to stop the headache in its tracks. Basil will also help keep you from having bad breath.
- Deep and slow breathing can actually drive away a headache.
- Keep headaches away by drinking lots of cocoa and eating oatmeal with wheat germ sprinkled on it.
- The smell of fresh green apples can help relieve the pain of a headache.
- Eat oysters, avocados and peanut butter to get rid of frequent headaches.
These home remedies are just a few ways to cure and prevent headaches without using medications. Healthy eating can also prevent headaches and improve overall health.
Thanks for reading our Skinny Blog