Want to know what the best foods to consume are? Well, let us tell you! Here is a list of some of the best foods you can eat to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
1. Beans. A serving of beans four times a week can help lower your risk of heart disease by 22%! It can also help reduce the risk of breast cancer.
2. Spinach. Spinach contains 2 immune-boosting antioxidants that are very important in regards to your eye health. Spinach is also proven to help fight cancer.
3. Garlic. Garlic helps inhibit the growth of bacteria, including E. coli. It also helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
4. Avocados. Avocados help reduce cholesterol and contains a lot of the fiber and folate that you need daily to help fight the risk of heart disease.
5. Walnuts. Walnuts contain the most omega-3 fatty acids out of all of the nuts, which help reduce cholesterol, improve moods, and fight cancer.
6. Salmon. Salmon is another great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce depression, heart disease, and cancer. It also includes niacin, which helps fight against Alzheimer's Disease.
7. Potatoes. 1 red potato contains 66 micrograms of cell-building folate, and 1 sweet potato contains a bunch of Vitamin A, which helps fight cancer and boost your immune system.
8. Dark Chocolate. Just 1/4 of an ounce a day can reduce blood pressure and lower your cholesterol.
9. Broccoli. 1 medium stalk of broccoli contains more that 100% of your daily Vitamin K requirement and 200% of your daily Vitamin C requirement. It also helps fight off different types of cancers.
10. Lemons. 1 lemon contains more than 100% of your daily Vitamin C requirement, which helps lower your cholesterol, strengthen your bones, and help fight against cancer.
These items are just a handful of the healthy foods you can eat, but are among the best to make a part of your diet.
Thanks for reading our weight loss blog! Have a great day!