Let's beat that holiday weight gain this year! It can be easy to get off track with all of the holiday celebrations, but if you stay focused you can beat it! Here are some tips to keep you on the right path.
1. Keep a fitness and nutrition journal. Keep track of everything you eat and everything you do. Whether it's good food or bad food, or a lazy day versus an active day...write it down! Seeing what you've written down will help you not be in denial about your weak moments. You will be more conscious about what you need to do to get back on track.
2. Keep your food intake as equally balanced as your workout regime as best you can. If you normally work out three times a week and you have two Christmas parties to go to that week, make time to add in two extra workouts. This might not completely equal out, but you'll be in a lot better shape than if you had only done your normal weeks workout.
3. Have an accountability partner. It helps to have someone keeping after you about working out or food choices. It's also helpful to have someone who you can talk to if you're having a weak moment. Choose someone who is similar to your health and fitness goals and who maybe wants to achieve the same or similar goals as you do. That way you can both encourage each other and it'll be more fun for you.
4. Bring your own dishes to a holiday gathering. This way you are aware of what you're eating and have the control of eating something you like. That way you can stick to those dishes and not over indulge yourself in other unhealthy dishes.
5. Get plenty of rest and don't stress about all of the holiday celebrations you are attending. Just because it's a holiday doesn't mean you have to stay up late every night. Enjoy yourself, but get plenty of sleep for your next day. Also, don't aim for "perfect". If you realize that not everything will go as planned, you'll be a lot more relaxed and enjoy the holidays even more.
Thanks for reading our blog this week! Have a great day!