Do you want to know what foods you should be eating to help you lose weight permanently and have more energy? Then, this weight loss article is for you!
The following foods will help you lose weight and burn fat, because they are healthy, and they have strong weight loss properties. These delicious foods will help you feel full and speed your metabolism. They are weight loss friendly because of how they decrease hunger and stabilize blood sugar leading you to eat less and not have uncontrollable cravings.
The key to weight loss success and being consistently healthy is to eat a lot of the same healthy foods daily. With that said, here are the 10 foods you should be eating for weight loss and more energy:
1. Eggs - high in protein and healthy fats and are very filling. You get all these benefits at just 70 calories per medium size egg. It's important to eat the yolks, as almost all the nutrients are found in the yolks.
One study of 30 overweight women showed that eating eggs for breakfast, instead of bagels, increased satiety and made them eat less for the next 36 hours.
2. Nuts - although nuts are high in fat, they are not necessarily fattening. They are the perfect snack, because they contain unique amounts of protein, fiber and healthy fats. I recommend almonds, pistachios, walnuts and cashews. The key is to measure out 1 serving, and then put the container of nuts away so you aren't tempted to overeat them.
Studies show that eating nuts can improve metabolic health and even cause weight loss. And population studies have shown that people who eat nuts are healthier and leaner than people who don't.
3. Broccoli - it is a great source of fiber, vitamin C and several other vitamins and minerals. 1 cup has just 31 calories, and it contains omega 3 fatty acids, protein, calcium, and several other vitamins and minerals. It's been touted as a great cancer fighting food, and it is great for your skin, as it regenerates sun damaged skin.
Try steaming 2 cups of broccoli and topping it with a 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
4. Grapefruit - rich in vitamin C, folic acid, potassium, along with pectin and soluble fiber. In a study of 91 obese individuals that ate 1/2 of a grapefruit before meals, these individuals lost 3.5 pounds over 12 weeks. This group had reductions in insulin resistance, which is a metabolic abnormality that is linked to some chronic diseases. So the next time you're at the store, buy some fresh grapefruit, and plan when you will eat it.
5. Spinach - this leafy green is rich in iron, folic acid and vitamin K. It also contains disease fighting antioxidants beta carotene and vitamin C.
Spinach is full of water and a good source of fiber, so it will fill you up while keeping your calories low; one cup has just 7 calories!
I recommend substituting spinach for lettuce in your salads, and top sandwiches with spinach.
You can also go online and find several great recipes for healthy spinach salads.
6. Celery - in the past, celery was touted as having negative calories. Well, that wasn't true; however, it's not far from the truth. Celery is made up of mainly water, and it contains just 6 calories per stalk. Despite the low calorie count, it keeps you feeling full and satiated thanks to its high water and fiber content. It also contains folate and vitamins A, C and K.
I love adding chopped celery to my tuna salad, and I also love eating celery with all natural peanut or almond butter. Celery's tasty and great for you!
7. Flax Seeds - if you're not eating flax see, you should be! Make sure you buy ground flax seed, because the whole seed will pass right through your body and act as a laxative. The ground seed typically doesn't cause this problem.
Flax seed is high 1) Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids 2) Lignans 3) Fiber
Benefits of eating flax every day include:
1) There's evidence that it reduces the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes.
2) May reduce inflammation that accompanies certain illnesses such as Parkinson's disease ad asthma.
3) It's been shown to Cust hot flashes in half in women who had 2 tbsp. a day.
I like to sprinkle ground flax on my whole wheat toast with almond butter, add it to oatmeal, and add it in Skinny Blend or 180 Muscle Mix shakes.
8. Blueberries - great source of fiber and are rich in Vitamins C and K and manganese, and they are one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world!
Benefits of eating blueberries include: fighting cancer, weight loss, better digestion, and glowing, youthful skin.
I add ½ cup of blueberries to almost every Skinny Blend or 180 Muscle Mix Shake I drink. I also like eating frozen blueberries by themselves as a snack...yum! They are also delicious on high fiber cereal and yogurt.
9. Oats - rich in fiber...½ cup packs almost 5 grams of this healthy carb that boosts metabolism and burns fat. It also has 5 grams of protein and 2 grams of healthy fat.
Oats are great for breakfast or a snack...just add cinnamon, 1 tbsp. of honey, flax and blueberries for an even more delicious and nutritious meal. You can also mix in ¼ cup of oats in your Skinny Blend or 180 Muscle Mix shake for extra nutrition and a great treat!
10. Protein Weight Loss Shake (Skinny Blend or 180 Muscle Mix) - let’s face it, most of us our busy and on the go most days, and sitting down to eat can be challenging at times. A Skinny Blend shake is the perfect solution. They are high in protein, low in carbs, have healthy fat and fiber, and they taste great! Check out Skinny Blend and 180 Muscle Mix.
Incorporate these 10 foods into your diet on a regular basis, and you will lose body fat and have more energy. Thanks for reading our blog, and if you liked this article, please share it on social media with your friends. And if you need a great eating plan and diet, check out our weight loss plans for women and our get lean plan for men.