Water has many great benefits, especially for your health. It's essential to get plenty of water a day to maintain your well-being. Here are some great benefits of water that will also help you lose weight and reach your goal.
1. Water keeps you looking young. It moisturizes your skin, and boosts your complexion, so it helps fill in lines and wrinkles. Dehydration makes your skin look dry and wrinkled, so make sure you get plenty of water a day!
2. Water helps prevent colds. Washing hands regularly keeps the germs away and keeps you from picking up a cold. The healthier you are, the better you feel and the more likely you will stay on track with your weight loss goals.
3. Water helps maintain the balance of body fluids. You can lose lots of fluid each day due to warmer climates, strenuous exercise, high altitudes, urine, and skin evaporation. It's important to equal your water output, otherwise you become dehydrated. It's also important to maintain this balance for digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
4. Water helps control weight loss. If you replace a higher caloric beverage with water, you can control your weight much better. Water is also more filling than other beverages, so you won't be as hungry if you choose water.
5. Water helps energize muscles. When muscles don't have adequate fluids, they don't perform as well. So drinking water during exercise is especially important.
6. Water helps your kidneys. Water transports waste products out of the body. The more adequate your water intake is, the better a job your kidneys cleanse and rid your body of toxins. This can also help prevent you from kidney stones.
Here are some tips to help you drink more water:
1. Have water with every snack or meal.
2. Add a flavor to your water. The more you like it, the more you'll drink it.
3. Eat more fruits and veggies. They have a high water content.
4. Keep a bottle with you during the day. May it be at your desk, in your purse, or in your car.