Everyone wants better skin, and luckily there are easy steps you can take to keep your skin healthy, minimize fine lines, and ensure it has a beautiful glow.
10 Things You Can Do To Improve Your Skin:
1. Drink at least 8 oz. of cold water right when you wake up. You lose water while you sleep, and when you wake up, your body and internal organs need hydrated from this loss of water. Continue to drink water throughout the day (at least 64 oz.), as this is vital to keeping your skin radiant and supple.
2. Wash your pillowcase at least once a week. This way you won't run the risk of putting your face on a pillowcase that has dirt, bacteria, makeup, hair residue, and saliva on it. Washing it weekly will ensue there isn't a buildup of these pore clogging substances.
3. Don't touch your face or pick at your skin. When you touch your skin with your hands, you are adding more dirt and bacteria that is on your fingers and nails. If you have a whitehead, use a tissue to gently press the puss out. If you have a red blemish, hold an ice cube on it for 25 seconds and then take it off for a minute. Do this three times to bring down the inflammation, and then add a drop of salicylic acid and cover with concealer.
4. Clean your phone daily, and don't press it against your skin. Your phone is a breeding ground for bacteria, and cleaning it will remove both dirt and bacteria.
5. Get plenty of high quality sleep. Shoot for eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time each day gets your body and mind into a good sleep cycle. It's recommended you unplug from all electronic devices one hour before you go to bed. Either turn off all notifications or put your phone in another room, as this will also make it easy for you to fall asleep each night.
6. Go easy on carbs and dairy. More and more studies are showing that bad carbs (white bread, sugar, pasta, cake, candy, etc.) are not good for your skin. These bad carbs speed up the production of glycation in skin. Glycation causes cells in skin to become malformed and it speeds up the breakdown of collagen. So strive to eat less white carbs and eat more lean protein and vegetables.
7. Take a Premium Probiotic - taking a probiotic daily may help prevent and treat several skin conditions such as acne, dry skin, rosacea and eczema. Taking a probiotic will help reduce inflammation in your body, and less inflamation allows your skin to be more resilient and resistant to the negative effects of sun exposure, which means less wrinkles. It also may help enhance your skin barrier. And the stronger it is, the less water loss occurs which results in your skin staying better hydrated and healthy. We recommend Core Care 180 Premium Probiotics by Lean 180.
Order and Learn About Core Care 180 Premium Probiotic Here
8. Workout on a Regular Basis - whether you take a brisk walk, do yoga or take a spin class, all will have a positive effect on not only your skin, but your mood and body. Exercising increases your circulation, and this pumps oxygen and vital nutrients to your skin giving it a beautiful glow. It also helps get toxins out of your body and skin, and removing these toxins also is fantastic for skin health and its elasticity.
9. Always take off your makeup before going to bed. Not doing so will cause your makeup to get pushed deep into your pours, and this will lead to unsightly pimples and acne. Leaving your makeup on will also not allow for dead skin cells to be removed from your face, and this too can lead to breakouts. It's best to take your makeup off with a cotton pad soaked in a gentle cleanser.
10. Take 100% Pure Collagen Peptides daily. We recommend Skinny Jane 100% Pure Collagen Peptides. Around the age of 25, you start to slowly lose collagen. Over time as one loses more and more collagen, this shows up in the form of wrinkles, dry skin, fine lines, and loose skin. Taking collagen peptides will help restore this lost collagen and will lead to radiant skin, hair and nails. It will also help your joints and bone health.
Order and Learn About Skinny Jane Premium Collagen Peptides Here
Following these 10 simple steps to better skin naturally will ensure your skin is not only healthy, but it is radiant and supple. We hope you found this information useful and that you incorporate several, if not all, of these points into your routine.