7 Best Foods to Fill You Up and Help You Lose Weight
Are you look for healthy foods that not only taste great but also fill you up? Then, this article is for you!
Did you know there are sensors in your mouth, stomach and intestines that send information to your brain to help give you a feeling of fullness and satiety? When this feeling gets to a certain level, your brain tells you when you are full.
The key is to eat high fiber, high water, and high protein foods because they have been scientifically shown to help you feel full and prevent you from overeating.
Dr. Donald Hensrud, medical director of the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program and medical editor-in-chief of “The Mayo Clinic Diet,” agrees. “Numerous studies have demonstrated that when people eat foods high in water and fiber and low in fat and processed carbohydrates, they can achieve satiety at a lower calorie intake (but the same weight of food consumed) and, therefore, better manage weight.
The most filling weight loss foods contain protein and fiber, because protein is slow digesting and fiber expands in your stomach to signal your brain that you are full. High fiber foods such as beans, vegetables, and whole grains are low in fat; however, this isn’t true with protein. You need to choose lean protein sources that are low in fat and will help you slim down and preserve your lean muscle tissue.
Here are 7 slimming and filling foods to add to your diet today:
- Eggs - they are low in calories, a great source of protein and healthy fat, and they are great at curbing your appetite. Hard boiled eggs seem to fill people up the best; however, cooking them other ways will also allow you to enjoy their filling and slimming effects.
- Oatmeal - it contains a slow digesting fiber called beta-glucan that will help you feel and stay full for several hours. It also contains protein and healthy fat. Oatmeal is one of our favorite Skinny Jane foods, and it will help you lose weight. For some great oatmeal recipes, check out this link: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/15-delicious-new-ways-to-make-oatmeal
- Nuts - our favorite weight loss nuts are almonds, walnuts, and pistachios. Nuts are a great snack or a great addition to oatmeal, salads or yogurt. They provide protein, fiber and healthy fats. Just make sure that you measure out one serving and then put the container of nuts away. Nuts are high in calories, so overeating them can preclude you from losing weight.
- Chia Seeds - they have a perfect combination of nutrients (protein and fiber) to help you feel satiated. Add one tablespoon to yogurt, whole wheat toast, oatmeal, or high fiber cereal.
- Skinny Blend Protein Shake - Skinny Blend weight loss protein shake was specifically designed to help speed up your metabolism, nourish your muscles, and tone your body. This diet shake not only TASTES GREAT, it contains a very unique blend of 7 high quality proteins plus MCT powder, which has been shown to help burn body fat, boost metabolism and increase energy. This unique combination will help you lose weight faster while staying healthy and preserving lean muscle.
Check out these great Skinny Blend recipes here: https://www.skinnyjane.com/skinny-blend-protein-shake-recipes
6. Chicken - one, four ounce breast contains a whopping 25 grams of lean protein, no carbs and is very low in fat. Chicken also has one of the highest thermal effects of any food. This thermal effect means your body burns calories when digesting chicken. Always opt for grilled or baked chicken and avoid fried chicken due to its high fat and carbohydrate content.
7. Broccoli (cruciferous vegetables) - broccoli is very low in calories, yet it is very filling! It also contains a detoxifying ingredient called glucoraphanin that is great for your immunity and health. Cauliflower is also great for you. Try it in place of mashed potatoes, and add frozen cauliflower to your Skinny Blend shake to thicken it and a boost of nutrition!
Thanks for reading our blog on the 7 best foods to fill you up and help you lose weight. Check out all of our blogs here: Skinny Jane Expert Weight Loss Articles