One of the biggest struggles women face during their weight loss journey is keeping the weight off for good. It can be easy for them to lose weight, but it is just as easy for them to put the weight back on not long after they lose it. This experience can be very discouraging. Skinny Jane has some great weight loss tips for guaranteed weight loss in the long run:
- Stay Physically Active - Being physically active is extremely important for losing weight so don't stop once you reach your goal. Keep weight off and reap the other health benefits that come with exercise. Be sure to do something you enjoy for exercise and you will be more likely to stick with it and make it part of your daily routine!
- Journal - It has been proven that people who track or journal what foods they eat lose more weight and keep it off for longer. You should also journal your feelings every day. Did you have a good day or do something you feel good about? Write it down! Also write down when you feel discouraged or ashamed - it will all help you push through!
- Eat Foods You Enjoy. Remember that it is okay to treat yourself every now and then with a dessert you really enjoy, or another food item that doesn't exactly fit your diet. To lose weight you made a big lifestyle change. Don't fall back into that lifestyle. Instead, try looking for healthier recipes of whatever it is you are craving, and indulge in moderation!
- Drink Plenty of Water. Not only does drinking at least 8 cups of water a day help speed up metabolism, it also helps remove fat from the body and cuts cravings. Drink two glasses as soon as you wake up to jump start your metabolism and your day!
- Get Support - Having support is a key of long-term weight loss. Not only will a support system help you break through plateaus you will also have someone to lean on and who wants you to succeed. Whether it is having a friend to exercise and diet with, or sharing your weight loss journey with people online in a group the support will benefit your weight loss journey.
- Keep Setting Goals - Even if you meet your original goal, it is important to keep setting more goals in order to keep you focused and to ensure that you keep your weight off. Set a goal and write down your game plan for reaching that goal. Don't forget to reward yourself when you meet your goals! One of our Skinny Jane Challengesis a great way to set goals and hold yourself accountable!
- Switch Things Up - Make sure to try something new each month. This will keep you from getting bored and increase your results because new muscles will be getting worked.
- Track Your Weight - Although it can be discouraging at times to see your weight, it may also lift you up.
Weighing yourself each week and keeping track of your weight will show you if what you are doing to lose weight is working, or if you need to make additional changes in your lifestyle!
Use these tips to keep pushing forward and reaching your goals. Losing weight is not easy and keeping it off is just as difficult. Keep coming back to this list and you will continue reaching your goals and improving your life.