Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, right? So you should treat it like it is! Studies have shown that eating a well balanced breakfast can help you lose weight and is a quick way to get guaranteed weight loss. It is easy to build a breakfast that is full of nutrients and protein, and there are even some great fat burning foods. Here is a list of some healthy breakfast foods to incorporate into your balanced breakfast:
- Fruit smoothies - A great way to pack plenty of nutrients into a glass! Smoothies can be personalized to fit your tastes and diet needs. One things we recommend is to avoid fruits that are high in sugars. While fruit sugars are better than just a tablespoon of sugar, you should still stick to low sugar berries or avocado vs. a large banana or mango. To make sure you stay full throughout the day, add in a scoop of your favorite flavor of Skinny Blend.
- Oatmeal - It can help to lower cholesterol, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium, but be sure to steer clear of flavored kinds of oatmeal. Flavored oatmeal is high in sugar which could lead to a mid-day crash. Instead sweeten your bowl with milk, a bit of honey and add some fruit and nuts on top.
- Greek yogurt - It's loaded with calcium and protein, just like with oatmeal, you will want a non-sweetened oatmeal. Adding fruit or honey to your Greek yogurt, is a great way to add nutrients and boost the flavor a typically plan tasting meal.
- Sweet Potatoes - Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of nutrition! Specifically, they are high in Vitamins A & C, rich anti-oxidants which can reverse the effects of aging. Adding nut butter, Greek yogurt, or coconut oil with a little bit of cinnamon is a great way to boost flavor and add some healthy fats to your breakfast.
- Grapefruit - Another food with fat burning properties; that also has a beneficial effect on blood sugar and insulin levels. It is hydrating and packed with antioxidants! Make sure you pair your grapefruit with protein such as yogurt or an egg so you are sure to stay full until your morning snack or lunch.
- Eggs - The perfect source of protein during breakfast, as well as vitamin D. Not only can you benefit from the protein in eggs, scrambled eggs are a great way to get added veggies in your diet! Place a small amount of olive oil in a pan and saute peppers, onions, mushrooms, and and other veggies until tender. Add eggs and scramble til cooked.
- Almond butter - Another excellent source of protein that is also filled with good fats and is healthier than peanut butter. Great to dip apples or bananas in.
- Watermelon or Cantaloupe - High in lycopene, which is a nutrient that helps vision, heart health, and has a hand in cancer prevention. Melons are also a great way to hydrate yourself in the morning due to it's high water content. As with grapefruit, plate melons with yogurt or eggs with a small serving of granola to build a balanced breakfast.
As you can see, there are plenty of healthy breakfast foods available, so be smart in your choices and you will start your day off on the right path. One of the best weight loss tips is to eat a healthy breakfast to keep you from overeating due to hunger later in the day, and it is a super simple way to get guaranteed weight loss. Be sure to check out our Skinny Blend Weight Loss Shakes, which are an awesome way to ward off mid-morning and mid-day hunger.
Need some great breakfast recipes? Check out these AWESOME recipes from Mission: Get You Fit!
Thanks for reading our weight loss blog and be sure to check back for more awesome weight loss methods and weight loss diet plans for women.