We all know that hydration is a big part of being healthy, but what you drink can have a great impact on your health. Instead of drinking beverages that are loaded with sugar, such as organic juices or soft drinks, you should drink water or the new big thing…lemon water! Here are some great benefits lemon water can have on your body and health.
1. Reduces Inflammation: If you body is ever aching, it is more than likely due to some kind of inflammation. By drinking lemon water on a daily basis, your body can reduce acidity levels and decrease the process that lead to inflammation. Lemon water can also remove high uric acid in your joints that can cause inflammation too.
2. Aids in Digestion: If you struggle with digestion problems, drinking lemon water is one great way to tackle this problem. Lemon water will also help remove the toxins in your digestive tract and will also aid in decreasing bloating.
3. Helps with Weight Loss: By just drinking lemon water, you will not lose large amounts of weight. However, it will help suppress food cravings and could eventually lead to losing a few pounds.
4. Helps Your Immune System: Lemon water is filled with Vitamin C. Vitamin C is the rocket fuel to your immune system and can have a great impact on your health. If you are extra stressed on day, drinking lemon water will help you keep your immune system built up so you can stay healthy.
5. Keeps Skin Healthy: Aside from keeping your skin hydrated, lemon water will help keep your skin blemish free. Lemon water helps remove toxins from your blood and has a major impact on the health of your skin, making your skin look younger and clear.
6. Promotes a Healthy Heart and Brain Health: Drinking lemon water is an easy way to gain high levels of potassium that is stored in lemons. Potassium is known to have great impacts on the health of your vital organs.