Everyone knows that a simple way to lose weight is by limiting food intake, but this is easier said than done and not everyone knows how to eat right. By simply cutting food out of your diet, you will only increase your cravings and appetite, especially in the beginning. So instead of simply limiting your food intake, count calories and consume diet foods that are low in calories. There are even weight loss foods that help suppress your appetite by simply eating them. Here is a list of some of the best foods to eat for appetite control:
- Whey protein - quite possibly the most filling type of protein that can keep you full all day long, our Skinny Blend weight loss shakes are a great and tasty way to consume whey protein and reduce your hunger
- Apples - by eating an apple about a half hour before a meal, you can fill yourself up so you eat less! The fiber and water from the apple work together to make this happen.
- Avocado - eating half of an avocado at lunch can keep you full the rest of the afternoon and eliminate the afternoon snack cravings
- Beans, chickpeas, lentils - each of these foods is high in protein, fiber, antioxidants, B vitamins and iron, which all work together to keep you feeling full longer
- Soup - low calorie soup at the beginning of a meal will fill up your stomach and prevent you from overeating during your meal
- Chili Powder - adding a little spice to your meal can help you feel full faster and longer, so sprinkle some on your meals now and then
- Dark chocolate - not only is dark chocolate healthier than milk chocolate, it also helps curb cravings for both sweet and salty foods, so when you have that sweet tooth, reach for dark instead of milk chocolate
- Eggs - eggs are packed with protein, which is what causes them to help us feel full throughout the day and is why they are a great way to start your day
- Nuts - rich in protein, unsaturated fat, and fiber; nuts are a great snack to eat throughout the day that will help you eliminate your cravings and help you feel full
- Oatmeal - another great food to start off your day with if you want to reduce your appetite, oatmeal is full of fiber and protein
- Water - sometimes we can confuse hunger with dehydration, so when you are feeling hungry, drink a glass of water and wait for 10 minutes before you eat anything to see if your hunger goes away
By consuming these weight loss foods, you will be able to minimize your cravings and control your appetite during your weight loss journey!