After a long day of stress at work, it is easy to come home and reach for a beer, glass of wine or a margarita. The consumption of alcohol can have a very negative effect on the fast weight loss tips you have been following to get the easy weight loss you are looking for. Here are some reasons to limit your alcohol consumption if you are looking for fast weight loss:
- If you count calories, you have probably realized that alcohol has more calories per gram than carbohydrates and proteins. Each gram of alcohol has 7 calories, which can add up really quick if you aren't careful.
- Just as other beverages, the calories you are consuming are empty calories and do not assist in helping you feel full. In fact, consuming alcohol can actually increase your appetite.
- Alcohol interferes with your quality of sleep, which can lead to weight gain in multiple different ways. Good, restful sleep is an important part of losing weight.
- Alcohol can decrease your fat-burning ability since your body has to work to burn off the calories consumed from alcohol, it cannot work on burning any of your stored fat.
- Not only does alcohol contain many calories itself, but more often than not, the mixers used in alcoholic beverages are also loaded with sugar and even more calories.
- Beer has a higher glycemic response than white potatoes, causing your blood glucose level to drastically increase. The term beer belly isn't a joke, consuming beer can easily lead to unwanted weight gain.
If you do choose to grab an alcoholic drink after a long day or week at work, limit yourself to one drink and try to choose a red wine, liquor with a non-caloric mixer, or a light and low-carb beer. These reasons show how easily drinking alcoholic beverages can negatively affect your hard work on a fast weight loss plan, so don't let having a few drinks keep you from reaching your goal. Find a new way to unwind and de-stress after a long work day or week!