Many of us spend time thinking: "How can I get skinny?" throughout the day, especially when we have a special event coming up. One of the first things that we think of when we think about weight loss for women is healthy food for a diet and how we can change what we eat to help us to lose weight.
A lot of the foods we eat in our daily diet have been refined and processed, which takes out a number of the nutrients naturally found in the foods. Grain products, such as breads are common foods to see in your day to day diet, but white breads and other grain products have been processed, which is why whole grain is the healthier option. Whole grains are excellent sources of fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and complex carbohydrates, while being low in fat. They have also been shown to lower the risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, certain cancers and other health problems. Eating whole grains can also help with weight management, prevent obesity, and help you achieve easy weight loss and fast weight loss.
Since whole grains have such great benefits, it is important to try and eat 3 servings a day to get the most out of these benefits. 3 servings may seem like a lot, so here are some easy ways to get 3 servings a day:
- 1 cup of prepared oatmeal and 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 serving of 100% whole wheat/grain cereal; a sandwich with 100% whole wheat or whole grain bread
- 1, 100% whole wheat bagel; 1 oz of whole grain tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup stone ground whole grain grits; 1, 6" 100% whole wheat tortilla; 1/2 cup barley
- 3/4 cup prepared oatmeal, 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup homemade granola; 1 serving of 100% whole wheat crackers, 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1, 100% whole wheat English muffin; 3/4 cup quinoa
By consuming 3 servings of whole grains a day, not only can it help with weight loss for women, it can also have plenty of other health benefits, so don't pass up on this easy way to see better results and feel healthier!
Thanks for reading our Skinny Blog!